Thursday, December 14, 2006

Heart-wrenched

It was a rainy evening ...

Raindrops fell mercilessly, cooling off the tarred roads .. steaming up the humid air..

Vehicles zoomed past without a care in the world , while thousands of legs walked past
her , occasionally stealing a peek @ her wares .

Old Grandma was sitting @ her usual spot @ Bugis Traffic lights .Quietly took out a $2 note that I promised myself that I would pass to her , the next time I saw her .

As we approached closer to her in the rain , a sorrowful wail filled the air .

Old Grandma was wailing & lamenting @ her own pitiful plight... She was so upset , that even a $2 note couldnt relieve some of her sadness .

I walked away , wondering why was she crying so loudly ...

............. Then i realised ... that the rain probably greatly reduced her chances of selling anything for the night ....

XiaoMaGe signing out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home